Complete the form to download
'The State of IBM i Security Study 2013'
WHERE IBM i SECURITY
Over 1700 IBM i servers have participated in the State of IBM i Security Study since its launch in 2004.
The 10th anniversary edition includes 100+ IBM i servers from industries across the globe, providing invaluable insight into:
- Top IBM i Security Exposures
- 6 Dangerous IBM i Configuration Defaults
- Most Common Lapses in IBM i Compliance
The stomach-turning results show that the worst exposures are due to poor configuration or lax administration.
Are your guards down too? Get the study to find out.
Too Many Open Doors
We used *PUBLIC access rights to libraries to measure how accessible IBM i data is for end users and found:
- 57% of libraries still use the shipped default level *CHANGE
- 92% of libraries are accessible with
only an id and password
Even worse, the objects inside often have
the same or less authority than the libraries themselves.
Overwhelmingly, the IBM i servers in this sample have too many powerful users:
- Only 3 systems in the survey had less than 10 users with *ALLOBJ authority
- Over 14% of users can access any spooled file without restriction
Besides causing serious damage, the abuse of special authorities is checked in all standard
IBM i audits.
Complete the form to download 'The State of IBM i Security Study 2013'